This $28.6 Billion Bill Provides Emergency Assistance For All Eligible Restaurants, Bars, And Other Qualifying Businesses Impacted By COVID-19.
The American Rescue Plan Act established the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) to provide funding to help restaurants and other eligible businesses keep their doors open. This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Recipients are not required to repay the funding as long as funds are used for eligible uses no later than March 11, 2023.
Click Here To Download A Sample Application Form.
Who Can Apply:
Eligible entities who have experienced pandemic-related revenue loss include:
- Food stands, food trucks, food carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
- Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
- Bakeries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Breweries and/or microbreweries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Wineries and distilleries (onsite sales to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Inns (onsite sales of food and beverage to the public comprise at least 33% of gross receipts)
- Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products
How To Apply:
Starting Friday, April 30, business owners can begin registering for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund program. The $28.6 billion fund will be distributed accordingly:
- $5 billion is reserved for applicants with 2019 gross receipts of no more than $500,000.
- $4 billion is reserved for applicants with 2019 gross receipts of $500,001 to $1,500,000.
- $500 million is reserved for applications with 2019 gross receipts of not more than $50,000.
You can apply through SBA-recognized Point of Sale (POS) vendors or directly via SBA in a forthcoming online application portal: https://restaurants.sba.gov. Participating POS providers include Square, Toast, Clover, NCR Corporation (Aloha). If you are working with Square or Toast, you do not need to register beforehand on the https://restaurants.sba.gov application portal. Other key points:
- Registration with SAM.gov is not required. DUNS or CAGE identifiers are also not required.
- If you would like to prepare your application, view the sample application form. You will be able to complete this form online. Please do not submit RRF forms to SBA at this time.